1. remove bandage 20 to 30 minutes after tattoo is finished.
2. wash your new tattoo with dial hand soap and warm water.
you may have to wash it 2 or 3 times to remove all of the old ointment and any "fluids" that may have collected on the tattoo.
3. after washing, pat the tattoo dry using a clean towel or paper towel
4. apply a thin coat of CVS brand Polybacitracin ointment. gently rub the ointment on the tattoo and then pat off excess ointment using a dry paper towel. You want the area to look freshly moisturized not greasy!!!
"to much ointment will do more harm than good, less is more!!"
5.repeat these steps 3 to 4 times a day for 4 or 5 days, or until the tattoo begins to flake.
6. once the tattoo begins to flake, keep washing the tattoo 3 to 4 times a day but use a good lotion (lubriderm, curel, keri) instead of the ointment.
7. repeat until skin returns to normal "usually about 10 to 14 days".
during the healing of your tattoo DO NOT over expose your tattoo to sun, DO NOT soak it in water "bath,beach,pool,hot tub" showers are ok.
always use a good sunscreen when you go in the sun or a lotion that contains sunscreen, just for the long term care of your tattoo. bottom line is sun kills ink.